Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Race Day - Post #1

There was a nice dinner/get together the night before.  I hung out for the first bit, but bailed early to head back and relax at the hotel.  I called and talked to Megan and Emily and then just laid down.  While the party was probably a blast, I needed sleep.  I woke up in the morning to RAIN!

Not a hard driving rain, but a steady dose of water.  The ground was saturated and I could only imagine how bad the course was going to be.  I sat and ate a bagel with some coffee and just watched the rain fall.  It was still a couple hours from the race, so I sat there hoping it would stop.

As the others we getting up, we all a bit excited, but worried about conditions.

Once were we all ready, we slow rolled to the race start...

Yup conditions were perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment