Tuesday, July 21, 2015

100 degree heat, 100% humidity = 100% suck.



Realizing I need to get miles in my legs and quickly, the weather is truly against riding.  Unless I ride between the hours of 11pm and 4am, the combination of heat & humidity is awful.

I have my rollers and my trainer - but it isn't the same.  I might have to resort to some slower riding that will keep me from overheating, but still get me outside.  I spent some time yesterday going overt the bikes after a month of neglect.

Trying to man up... but it's hot and sticky out...... :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Rule #5 HTFU.

I managed to sneak in a quick & short beach ride.
I grabbed the Soma and headed out.  To the beach is 100% downhill from my house.
Coming back home sucks... not because the beach is awesome and fun, but because it is 100% uphill home.  :(

Snapped a few glamour shots with the phone -
Sadly the sun was in a bad spot to get things in focus... so just a bunch of slightly out of focus pictures. Damn phone.
Wanted to get a test run with the frame bag James was gracious to offer up and of course - the much need #showusyourcog pictures...








After the beach, I was going up the steepest portion of the ride home... roughly 5% maybe 6% for 600 meters or so.  I just kept pedaling and tried to not lose any momentum.  It was a short ride, so pushing it a short bit was worth it.  My 2 minutes of effort was rewarded with full body pins and needles.  I had done very little effort to this point, so I was 100% fresh - however the effort jump and heat just shocked the body a small bit I guess.  Hopefully only a month left of this heat and I can get back to enjoying the bike more.

Also on this ride a "ticking" noise developed.  I recalled hearing it on my last ride before vacation.  Since this was a low effort ride, I decided to trouble shoot.  It seems to be my left pedal - which is a shame.  This is the second set of Shimano Saint pedals I have had to service with very low miles.  Luckily - I will be using my crank bros pedals majority of the time, so these can wait for a rebuild.

No comments:

Post a Comment