Monday, August 17, 2015

humbling to sick...

I went home from chiba last weekend beaten.  My lung and heart were fine.... my muscles were dead.  This was just unusual and just did not seem right, but with no real info to tell me what was wrong... It was just a bad day.

After I was home, I stayed hot.  I had some tell tales of dehydration, but not my normal signs.  I drank some water and gatorade, but never felt myself.  Then the cough developed.  It was worse at night, but still present in the day.  4 days or so of coughing all night and getting little sleep followed by days of feeling dehydrated.  Finally on Wednesday I was able to cough up some of the congestion in my chest.  It was a wad of nasty olive green sludge.  Too bad it was a one time thing...

The other problem during this time, I developed a headache.  Every cough made it worse.  To the point at times I got blurry vision and avoided sunlight at all costs.  I have had plenty of migraine in the past, but every cough left my already hurting head feeling like my brain was just rattling around.  In all honesty - this was a week of misery.

As the week progressed - I snuck out for a short ride to the beach.  It ended up being a tad longer than I expected - and my boxer brief/cotton shorts of choice were an awful choice...  but I chilled with a buddy at the beach for an hour.  I had not seen him for more than 15 minutes this entire past year, so it was worth the 'headache' to go see him.

When I got home, I took a hot shower and some of the crap in my chest broke loose.  I laid down feeling well, but my chest started tingling and the coughing fits continued.

My coughing continued right into Saturday... so I did not do to my normal road ride and tried to rest.  That did not work, so I had breakfast, then met up with the group ride a little past midway and finished up with them.  When I got home... I was ringing with sweat and my head was POUNDING.  I drank tons of water before, during and after.  I ate breakfast and salt candy during the ride...  and again, my legs were just dead for the ride.  We managed 40km at times, but I was in the draft.  My pulls never exceeded 35kph.

The cough has continued into this week, however this morning, it seems everything was breaking up.
Sadly, the weather forecast calls for rain all week......

Between the 2 times out, 76km of sick riding.
This is now how I wanted to bounce back from the Chiba disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment