Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Missing the trails, so I hiked one... the Japanese Experience.

I had a friend in from the states... I gave him a list of options of things to do... he chose to climb Mt Fuji.


So while still feeling a little under the weather, we headed out by trail to Fuji-san.  3 hours on several trains, then transfer to a bus and we're there.  A quick lunch and off we go...  Climbing Fuji-san is an experience and an exercise in bother patience and endurance.  Go too fast - altitude sickness.  Go too slow and you will just get tired.  It is a 4 hour climb if you stay steady and don't get sick or wear out...  We were on track for that until the last bit when the wheels came off our effort.  I was tired, Howard was light headed and nauseous.  Time to take a break and let his body adjust.  From then on... it was slow going.  We reached the summit and had a look around, but all too soon, we had to head back down.  We were doing a day trip and had to get home so I could work in the morning.



Eventually... it all ends here....


I am trying to convince myself, this counts as training...  I mean...  It counts, right?


Anyhow... a week of Drinking, Baseball, Drinking, Hiking, Drinking, Exploring, & Drinking...  it is time to catch up on much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment