Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mountain Bike Gaijin - First "organized ride"

9/19/2015 - The first ride of the "Every other week" series with Mountain Bike Gaijin.

I took over the reigns of the group just a few weeks ago with the goal of getting more riders out together and getting the group a tad more social.  If this weeks ride is any indicator, it is going to work.

5 riders (including me) showed up and got in 10+ miles of single track.
With the rain over the past few weeks, the conditions were better than anticipated, however the clay sections of trail were still horribly slick.


Some had to stop for glamour shots... the trail this morning started off with some beautiful scenery.  I never stop to capture these moments so I am glad my company did.

We continued on this trail for a bit, dealt with a mechanical, but continued on.  We headed over to single track and that was where some things got hairy...

Gravity wins!




In the end, no one got hurt, we have a good time and a few laughs.  My SS hardtail played nicely with the FS rigs with gears and out climbed others a few times.   Today's ride was a win!


No comments:

Post a Comment