Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Snuck out for another lunch ride...

After Monday's flat and walk, I decided I would try and get back out.
Since the Soma is waiting on the new tire, I jumped on the Niner.
I shifted it into a familiar gear that felt similar to my 33-22 and kept it there for the ride... I am spoiling my body with a full suspension ride, I might as well make my legs do the same amount of work they are used to.

The trail was horribly slick in all the clay areas.  Unfortunately, that is a lot of the areas.  My mindset is that of leading a ride, so I am looking for pitfalls I would need to let a group know of... overall - the pre-ride speech...  be careful.  Too much to list, so everyone is just responsible for staying safe and keeping a safe distance from one another so there is room to stop in the event of a crash.

Sections were cut back nicely, other sections were overgrown.  With all the rain we have had, there are washouts and other little hazards... but overall, I managed to get the bike home in 1 piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment